Full-stack engineer - Data Team
About The Position
Optibus is looking for a Full-stack Engineer to join our R&D Data team in the challenge of moving the world smarter. We are looking for an experienced professional with superb interpersonal skills, a software engineering background and a good understanding of web and cloud architecture.
The team is responsible for unique data integrations for onboarding our customers. We’re building the infrastructure for importing and exporting data from our platform and implementing core features for our platform.
As a Full Stack Engineer on the Data team, you will have end-to-end responsibility for your work, from design to implementation, deployment and production. You will own all parts of our tech stack, including DB (mostly MongoDB), back end (Python and Node.js), front end (React) and AWS Lambda. You will work closely with the various departments in the company including designers, product, solutions and other R&D teams.
- 3+ years of hands-on experience in building user-facing web applications
- 2+ years of production experience with backend development using one or more of the following: Node.js, Python, Java, Go, C#
- Deep knowledge of HTML5 and CSS3
- Ability to convert UX design to live web app and a passion for building a great user experience
- Experience with relational or NoSQL DB such as MongoDB, PostgreSQL, MySQL
- BSc degree in computer science, software engineering or related domains. Alternatively, significant experience with production-grade products or army service in a technology unit
- Record of excellence in army service, academic studies and/or prior roles
- Ability to be a great team player who is able to function in a fluid environment with minimal guidance and supervision
It will be great if you have:
- Experience with testing frameworks and methodologies
- Familiarity with AWS or an alternative cloud environment
- Experience with Agile methodologies and CI/CD processes
- Experience in the mobility/transportation industry
About the Company:
Optibus is passionate about the future of mass transportation – we want more people to use it, and we believe it should take center stage as the world of mobility changes around us.
Our vision is to be the technology engine behind better and more efficient means of mass transit, making it the first choice for passengers and cities alike. Our technology is at the center of making this happen, with a unique combination of AI and optimization algorithms, since better scheduling and operations make for better mass transit service, for all. We’re a well-funded startup whose product is deployed at more than 300 cities worldwide, and we are quickly becoming a leader in the space – and our culture reflects this: we like fun and super smart people, and we’re pretty serious about making mass transportation radically better. We have offices in the US, UK, Brazil and Israel.