Presales Engineer, North America
About The Position
We are looking for a Application Engineer (Presales Engineer) to support the rapid growth of Optibus and to actively drive new customer acquisition. The AE will work closely with our Sales, Partners, and Leadership teams as the primary technical resource.
Your role at Optibus is to help our prospects understand the value of our platform. Through your deep product knowledge; expertise in how companies use and deploy Optibus as well as objection handling in customer interactions, you’ll be supporting our sales team throughout the process.
This position includes explaining the advantages of using Optibus and how the platform works. In addition, you will position our technology and solution to both business and technical users to demonstrate how our platform can be used to solve the customer’s problems and improve their operations. The AE must be able to establish and maintain strong relationships throughout the sales cycle. Whenever prospects do a pilot or hands-on evaluation, you take the lead; by assessing and qualifying the prospects’ requirements and challenges, followed by answering their questions and measuring success against those qualified points.
- Understand the prospect’s needs and establish Optibus' platform as the best solution that addresses their technical and business requirements.
- Planning and delivering solution demonstrations and workshops to potential customers.
- Driving the ‘Proof-of-Concept’ process and solution evaluations with prospects to ensure the success of their Proof of Concepts/Pilots.
- Work closely with the sales team on account strategy, identifying opportunities, and providing sales support by being the trusted advisor for our prospects.
- Technically qualify new opportunities using the Optibus qualification methodology.
- Act as an outbound product manager, understand product requirements and gaps, and work closely with the Product Management and Engineering teams to represent the customer perspective.
- Be the technical product expert for customers and stay up-to-date on the competitive landscape.
- Create a base for successful and fast implementation and work closely with customer success teams.
- Support Sales in responding to RFIs/RFPs/RFQs.
- Support Sales in conferences and webinars for Demonstrations to a wide audience from C-level executives to schedulers.
- Support Marketing in creating technical sales collateral.
- Manage the sales enablement content repository and ensure that all information is readily accessible at the point of need.
- Train sales teams on new features and competitors.
- B.Sc. in Industrial Engineering, Information Systems, Computer Science, or equivalent experience in software and/or a technologically relevant field is required. M.Sc. is an advantage.
- At least 3 years experience in pre-sales engineering or solutions engineering for enterprise software, ideally a SaaS solution; Experience in the transportation industry- a plus.
- Ideally, experience in data-related solutions and integration of other systems via API’s..
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with an ability to present technical solutions concisely from small to a large audience and to interact with employees, partners, and c-levels.
- Experience engaging with developers and engineering.
- Demonstrated passion for diving into technical issues and solving customer problems.
- Demonstrated critical thinking and advanced troubleshooting skills and qualities.
- Be proactive in engaging with prospects and colleagues and able to manage multiple tasks with a high sense of urgency.
- Prior experience in a fast-paced start-up environment highly desired.
- Familiarity with cloud architectures.
- Knowledge of programming languages, specifically python - a plus.
- Excellent spoken and written English is a must.
- 40 % Travel availability.
About the Company:
Optibus is passionate about the future of mass transportation – we want more people to use it, and we believe it should take center stage as the world of mobility changes around us.
Our vision is to be the technology engine behind better and more efficient means of mass transit, making it the first choice for passengers and cities alike. Our technology is at the center of making this happen, with a unique combination of AI and optimization algorithms, since better scheduling and operations make for better mass transit service, for all. We’re a well-funded startup whose product is deployed at more than 500 cities worldwide, and we are quickly becoming a leader in the space – and our culture reflects this: we like fun and super smart people, and we’re pretty serious about making mass transportation radically better. We have offices open in the US, UK, Brazil and Israel.
Optibus.com is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We hire talented individuals, regardless of gender, race, ethnicity, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, cultural background, religious beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
Recruiter for the role: Or Shemesh | LinkedIn