Optibus is passionate about the future of mass transit – we want more people to use it, and we believe it should take center stage as the world of mobility changes around us.
Our vision is to be the technology engine behind better and more efficient means of mass transit, making it the first choice for passengers and cities alike.
Our technology is at the center of making this happen, with a unique combination of AI and optimization algorithms, since better scheduling and operations make for better mass transit service, for all. We’re a well-funded startup that’s quickly becoming a leader in the space – and our culture reflects this: we like fun and super smart people, and we’re pretty serious about making mass transit radically better.
Office & Admin Manager, UK
About The Position
Optibus has grown into a global organisation with offices in Tel Aviv, San Francisco, London and Dusseldorf. We have tripled in size consistently year-on-year and now have clients all over the world. Listed as one of the top 10 start-up offices in Tel Aviv, Optibus are committed to a global culture of an open, collaborative work environment driven by a desire to help change the world through better public transportation.
Having founded and opened our London offices earlier this year, Optibus have already grown our staff count in the UK. Indeed, we are also looking to start both graduate and apprenticeship schemes early next year. Our market growth is such that this role is a super important part of the team in the UK to bring across our amazing culture from our global HQ in Tel Aviv to London.
Do you love the idea of working for a super-cool mobility start-up and find planning and scheduling teams fun? Happy to assist the growth of our people, processes and parties in the UK? Does starting graduate and apprenticeship schemes sound like a great objective? We are looking for a highly-organised, detail-oriented and enthusiastic Office Manager to make Optibus UK a great place to work, along with helping to plan events, schedule meetings and assist in other operational matters.
- Coordinate and schedule internal and external meetings with both clients, advisors, UK staff and the global team
- Plan and facilitate office events such as celebrations and team building exercises
- Help introduce our weekly Team Breakfast and Thursday Happy Hour activities using plans from our HQ
- Monitor, order and organise supplies including managing local vendor and support staff relationships
- Log and coordinate efforts with our back-office team in our HQ to resolve staff system issues
- Manage and report on office expense budgets including staff expenses
- Plan out with our UK team our graduate and apprenticeship schemes in the UK and own their progression
- Organise our UK recruitment efforts with our partners and recruitment fairs
- Manage employee requirements and anticipate growth needs
- Book travel for UK and global staff in coordination with our travel agent
- Participate in connecting our UK office with other Optibus offices globally through the creation of articles featuring UK activities and discussing with global office team
- ·nterface with HQ as needed on related items/issues/projects
- Assist in the growth of our marketing efforts helping to manage the social media and marketing posts in the UK
- Assist in managing trade show and customer events, including managing vendors, set up etc
- Coordinate other marketing activities in the UK together with global marketing
- Facilitate staff 1-2-1s with relevant reports
- Onboard new starters for their First Day and Pre-Joining gifts
- Help coordinate our UK health and safety, employee insurances and general operation
- Aid the progression of Optibus Staff Wellbeing
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years of previous experience in office administration.
- Familiar with working in a start-up environment
- Efficient and organised, with experience effectively managing and juggling tasks and projects.
- Known for being especially friendly, energetic, kind, outgoing, and approachable.
- ·Detail-oriented, highly reliable, and a dependable self-starter.
- Ability to take direction and work independently on assigned tasks.
- Has a “hands-on, no job is too big or too small” attitude, anticipating needs in advance and ensuring preparations are made for smooth execution.
- Able to remain flexible in a constantly changing environment.
- Proficient with the MS Office suite including working knowledge of Outlook, Word, and Excel with the ability to pick up new systems and software easily.
- Happy to use scheduling tools such as Email-Scheduler or Boomerang