Optibus is passionate about the future of mass transit – we want more people to use it, and we believe it should take center stage as the world of mobility changes around us.
Our vision is to be the technology engine behind better and more efficient means of mass transit, making it the first choice for passengers and cities alike.
Our technology is at the center of making this happen, with a unique combination of AI and optimization algorithms, since better scheduling and operations make for better mass transit service, for all. We’re a well-funded startup that’s quickly becoming a leader in the space – and our culture reflects this: we like fun and super smart people, and we’re pretty serious about making mass transit radically better.
About The Position
A Solutions Engineer is one of the most crucial positions in the company. The position is of technical nature at its core, with significant exposure to client facing and project management opportunities.
Solutions Engineers represent the company in front of clients and serve as key influencer within the company on subjects of product development and strategy. As the company’s experts on products’ performance, you will also be an active participant in the global product development process for our future technology roadmap.
As a Solutions Engineer you will be the expert user of the system across global markets. You will lead both pre-sales and post-sales projects with our clients. This includes running pilots with potential clients (remotely and on-site), training for new clients and support.
You’ll be a good fit for this role if you:
- Enjoy responsibility and thrive under pressure.
- Are passionate about solving real world transport problems – the more complex the better!
- Grew up with technology and have the skills to quickly learn a specialist operating system.
- Have the confidence to lead multi-million USD projects with clients all over the world
- 2+ years of relevant professional experience (Management or IT Consulting, Big-tech, Post series A start-ups etc.) or a demonstrated track record of excellence.
- B.Sc. degree in Industrial Engineering or Information Systems
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, especially in Excel.
- Experience working in a customer facing role.
- Fluent in English.
- Fluency in a foreign language other than English; French, German, Portuguese or other.
- The ability to write code in either C#, Python or VBA
- Experience in sales processes to government entities in EU or US.
- Basic understanding of Data Science, Analytics and Machine Learning.