Solutions Engineer (San Francisco)
About The Position
A Solutions Engineer is one of the most crucial positions at Optibus. The position has a technical nature at its core, and involves significant client facing and project management opportunities.
Solutions Engineers represent the company in front of clients and are key influencers on both product development and strategy. As a platform expert you will also influence our future product and technology roadmap.
Solutions Engineers are expert system users and lead both pre-sales and post-sales projects with our clients. This includes running pilots with potential clients (remotely and on-site), training new clients and supporting them.
You’ll be a good fit for this role if you:
- Enjoy responsibility and thrive under pressure.
- Are passionate about solving real-world transport problems – the more complex the better!
- Grew up with technology and have the skills to quickly learn a specialist operating system.
- Have the confidence to lead multi-million USD projects with clients all over the world
- 2+ years of relevant professional experience (Transportation planning, Management or IT Consulting, Big-tech etc.) or a demonstrated track record of excellence.
- B.Sc. degree in Transportation Engineering, Industrial Engineering or Information Systems
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, especially in Excel.
- Experience working in a customer facing role.
- Fluent in English.
- Experience in public transportation planning and scheduling
- The ability to write code in either C#, Python or VBA
- Experience in sales processes to government entities in US.
- Basic understanding of Data Science, Analytics and Machine Learning.