Presales Engineer, Japan
About The Position
APAC Presales Engineer at Optibus
We are looking for a Presales Engineer to support the rapid growth of Optibus and to actively drive customer acquisition in APAC. The PE will work closely with our Sales team, Partners, and Leadership and will be an integral member as well as the primary technical resource of our Sales team.
Your role at Optibus is to help our prospects understand the value of our platform. Through your deep product knowledge, expertise in how companies use and deploy Optibus as well as objection handling in customer interactions, you’ll be supporting our sales team throughout their process.
- Be our customer’s most trusted advisor by realizing Optibus’ value proposition and work to drive and achieve their business goals.
- Plan and deliver solution demonstrations and product workshops to potential customers to demonstrate how to solve their problems and meet their requirements with Optibus, based on their use-cases and pain points.
- Successfully manage and execute technical workshops and proof of concepts (POCs), on-site or remote
- Work closely with the Sales Team on account strategy, identifying opportunities, and providing sales support by being the trusted advisor for our clients.
- Technically qualify new opportunities using the Optibus qualification methodology.
- Act as an outbound product manager, understand product requirements and gaps, and work closely with the Product Management and Engineering teams to represent the customer perspective.
- Be the technical product expert and stay up-to-date on the competitive landscape.
- Create a base for successful and fast implementation and work closely with customer success teams.
- Able to respond to functional and technical elements of RFIs/RFPs.
- Support Sales in conferences and webinars for demonstrations to a wide audience from C-level executives to schedulers.
- Support Marketing in creating technical sales collateral.
- Manage the sales enablement content repository and ensure that all information is readily accessible at the point of need.
- Train Sales Teams on new features and competitors.
- B.Sc. in Industrial Engineering, Information Systems, Computer Science, or equivalent experience in software and/or a technologically relevant field is required. M.Sc. is an advantage.
- At least 3 years experience in pre-sales engineering or solutions engineering for enterprise software, ideally a SaaS solution; Experience in the transportation industry- a plus.
- Ideally, experience in data-related solutions and integration of other systems via API’s.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with an ability to present technical solutions concisely from small to a large audience and to interact with users and decision-makers.
- Demonstrated passion for diving into technical issues and solving customer problems.
- Ability to learn new concepts, technologies, and solve problems.
- Be proactive in engaging with customers and colleagues and able to manage multiple tasks with a high sense of urgency.
- Prior experience in a fast-paced start-up environment is highly desired.
- Knowledge of programming languages, specifically python - a plus.
- Experience in the transportation industry- a plus.
- Fluent Japanese and excellent spoken and written English is a must.
- 35% Travel availability (COVID permitting)
About the Company:
Optibus is passionate about the future of mass transportation – we want more people to use it, and we believe it should take center stage as the world of mobility changes around us.
Our vision is to be the technology engine behind better and more efficient means of mass transit, making it the first choice for passengers and cities alike. Our technology is at the center of making this happen, with a unique combination of AI and optimization algorithms, since better scheduling and operations make for better mass transit service, for all. We’re a well-funded startup whose product is deployed at more than 500 cities worldwide, and we are quickly becoming a leader in the space – and our culture reflects this: we like fun and super smart people, and we’re pretty serious about making mass transportation radically better. We have offices open in the US, UK, Brazil and Israel.
Optibus.com is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We hire talented individuals, regardless of gender, race, ethnicity, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, cultural background, religious beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.