Full Stack Engineer (TypeScript/React Native), Operations
About The Position
Optibus is looking for an exceptional Full Stack Engineer to join our R&D team in the challenge of improving the quality of public transport and making it a compelling alternative to private cars.
We are looking for an experienced professional with superb interpersonal skills, a software engineering background, and the production experience of building web or mobile apps at scale.
You will be a core member of a team delivering modern, digital solutions to the public transport industry and contributing to building a more sustainable mobility ecosystem for communities across the world.
You will build intuitive and user-friendly client-side applications using React Native, build a backend powered with serverless technologies, and contribute to a well-organised and easily extensible codebase written entirely in TypeScript.
We collaborate in a hybrid work mode. All members of our team work from a European timezone, and come together to meet in person at our Berlin office once per quarter, but otherwise are free to work remotely or from our office as they choose.
- Building a mobile app and supporting APIs and backend infrastructure to power the latest Optibus product coming to market
- Working closely with the team lead, product manager and UX/UI designer
- Being involved in key decisions regarding architecture, roadmap, technology and UX
- Taking part in all aspects of the development cycle
- Helping to shape our technical direction, best practices, product ideas, and team processes
- 2+ years of professional full-stack web or app development
- Experience with client-side development (e.g. React/React Native, Angular, Vue)
- Experience with server-side development (e.g. Node.js, Python, Java)
- Strong understanding of web application architecture
- Familiarity with relational databases (e.g. PostgreSQL, MySQL)
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Eagerness to learn, desire to mentor other team members
- Willingness to participate in a culture of open and friendly feedback amongst your peers. We can’t wait to have your constructive input on how we can work better as a team!
- Being based in, or willing to relocate to Berlin (Germany)
It would be great if you have:
- Experience with mobile app development (e.g. cross-platform frameworks or native app development)
- Experience with deploying mobile apps to app stores
- Experience with Agile methodologies and CI/CD processes
- Experience with AWS or an alternative cloud environment
- Experience in the public transport ecosystem
About the company
Optibus is passionate about the future of mass transportation – we want more people to use it, and we believe it should take center stage as the world of mobility changes around us.
Our vision is to be the technology engine behind better and more efficient means of mass transit, making it the first choice for passengers and cities alike. Our technology is at the center of making this happen, with a unique combination of AI and optimization algorithms, since better scheduling and operations make for better mass transit service, for all. We’re a well-funded startup whose product is deployed at more than 1,000 cities worldwide, and we are quickly becoming a leader in the space – and our culture reflects this: we like fun and super smart people, and we’re pretty serious about making mass transportation radically better. We have offices in the US, UK, Brazil and Israel.
Optibus.com is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We hire talented individuals, regardless of gender, race, ethnicity, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, cultural background, religious beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.