About the Program
The Optibus Academy for Universities is a program led by Optibus to engage with the academic world focusing on transportation studies. Optibus can conduct a variety of sessions with students pursuing Bachelors, Masters degrees and/or PhDs.
What does it include?
Optibus offers 3 types of sessions:
1 day workshops
- Introduction to bus planning and to Optibus
- Hands-on workshop on Planning product
- Hands-on workshop on Scheduling product
- 1 month access to Optibus Planning & Scheduling
- Access to the Optibus Platform (Planning and Scheduling) for a semester as part of a research project/class credit typically with Masters and PhD students
- User support for project duration
Participation in Career Fairs
- Includes Optibus representative onsite to speak with students interested in learning more about the environmental, social and global impact of public transport and our University program
What is the time commitment?
- 1 day workshops: 1 day for the students
- Embedded: Will depend on the project/course requirements
- Career Fair: Will depend on the event
What can participants expect upon completion?
- Gain a deeper understanding of the environmental, social and global impact of public transport.
- Learn how modern, cloud-based tools can make the planning process faster, more data driven and fully take into account the needs of the passenger. This will be useful for participants who are considering careers in both the private and public sectors.
- Use the Optibus tool as part of Masters degree research – allowing for more in depth scenario building and analysis in much less time.
Is there a cost associated with the program?
- For in person sessions universities will be responsible for the cost of the facilitator as well as their travel and accommodation costs
- For embedded workshops, universities will be responsible for the costs of the facilitator (including travel & accommodation) and any user support that might be required
- For virtual sessions there are no additional costs
What are the prerequisites to be considered for the University Academy Program?
- Students in their last year of a Bachelor or Master degree depending on the countries and/or working on their PhD
- Transportation, Mobility and/or Urban Planning related major area of study
How can I learn more?
To get started, complete our short form so we can learn more about your program needs and one of our specialists will follow up with you directly to discuss in more detail.