Backend-Oriented Fullstack Engineer
About The Position
Optibus is looking for an exceptional Fullstack Engineer to join our Scheduling Team, so we can work on our vision of better public transportation for everyone.
The transportation world is full of opportunities for innovative algorithms and software products that cover anything from routing and planning to scheduling and dispatching. Real world transportation scenarios have a huge scale and need top notch developers to handle algorithms, optimization and heuristics.
We are looking for an experienced professional with superb interpersonal skills, a software engineering background and production experience to join us.
- 3 years experience of hands-on full stack development in production
- 3+ years experience of server-side development in Python
- Deep understanding of web application architecture
- 2+ years experience with React or Ember in production
- BS degree in Computer Science , Software Engineering, or related domains. MS degree is an advantage
- A record of excellence in army service / academic studies / prior roles
- A great team player
- Hyper pragmatic in solution selection and engineering approach
It would be great if you have:
- Experience working with AWS
- Proficiency with Docker
- Experience in Agile methodologies and CI/CD processes
- Experience in the mobility domain
About the company:
Optibus is passionate about the future of mass transportation – we want more people to use it, and we believe it should take center stage as the world of mobility changes around us.
Our vision is to be the technology engine behind better and more efficient means of mass transit, making it the first choice for passengers and cities alike. Our technology is at the center of making this happen, with a unique combination of AI and optimization algorithms, since better scheduling and operations make for better mass transit service, for all. We’re a well-funded startup whose product is deployed at more than 300 cities worldwide, and we are quickly becoming a leader in the space – and our culture reflects this: we like fun and super smart people, and we’re pretty serious about making mass transportation radically better. We have offices in the US, UK, Brazil, Germany and Israel.