Solution Engineer - North America
About The Position
Optibus is a global SaaS company that provides innovative solutions for public transit planning and scheduling. We are seeking a Solution Engineer to join our fast-growing North American team. The role couples technical and client relationship skills to successfully implement Optibus’ platform. The Solution Engineer will work within a team to lead client onboarding, configuration of client data, and general assistance and troubleshooting with client work on the platform. The Solution Engineer will also support pre-sale activities in the North American market, act as a Subject Matter Expert in the field of public transit, and be the voice of the customer to other teams in the company.
- A passion for improving public transit
- Relevant technical background, either educational or based on work experience with a proven track record of excellence
- Outstanding proven analytical skills and data-driven approach to problem solving
- 2+ years experience in a client-facing role
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience successfully working in a team
- Experience with writing code
- Fast learner and a track record of quickly adapting and adjusting to new technologies
- Experience managing time-based projects
- Ability to travel ~10% of the time (COVID-dependent)
- Ability to work across time zones
- Experience in public transportation planning and/or scheduling
- Experience in SaaS deployment and integration
- Master’s degree in Transportation Engineering and/or Transportation Planning
- Experience working with a global team across time zones
About the company:
Optibus is passionate about the future of mass transportation – we want more people to use it, and we believe it should take center stage as the world of mobility changes around us.
Our vision is to be the technology engine behind better and more efficient means of mass transit, making it the first choice for passengers and cities alike. Our technology is at the center of making this happen, with a unique combination of AI and optimization algorithms, since better scheduling and operations make for better mass transit service, for all. We’re a well-funded startup whose product is deployed at more than 300 cities worldwide, and we are quickly becoming a leader in the space – and our culture reflects this: we like fun and super smart people, and we’re pretty serious about making mass transportation radically better. We have offices in the US, UK, Brazil and Israel.