Strategic Account Director, UK & IE
About The Position
About the role:
As Strategic Account Director, you will be responsible for the commercial engagements with the 5 largest transport groups across the UK and for the achievement of yearly sales and revenue targets. You will be both a hunter and a farmer - understanding the complexities of managing large group businesses at executive and board level. Also know how to accomplish your objectives by identifying, developing, and strengthening long-term relationships with prospects, customers, and partners. You’ll have the entire commercial and customer success team in EMEA at your disposal to maximise your opportunity for success.
You will report directly to the General Manager, EMEA in this high profile role
- Lead and manage our UK group transport accounts to maximise the potential of Optibus within each group
- Serving as player/coach in the execution of a complex, solution-based sales and account management process encompassing multiple transport groups with Headquarters in the UK
- Play a leadership role in developing new business opportunities by coaching and leading our commercial team and CSMs to build and execute account strategies
- Drive Optibus senior executive engagement in target accounts
- Successfully execute across all disciplines of account management including Account/Opportunity/Relationship planning
- Partner with our commercial, partner and customer success teams to identify and close software and professional service solutions in our UK group accounts
- Proactively identify and address issues that will increase growth in our UK group accounts
- Effectively predict and deliver results through accurate sales forecasting
- Actively use company core applications to manage business including Salesforce.com, Slack, LinkedIn, Clari, Monday.com and others
Requirements: Must Have:
- Demonstrated track record in leading strategic sales to exceed quotas by winning new business and driving substantial growth in large group or enterprise accounts
- Minimum 5 years experience in sales or account management of enterprise software
- Ability to interact and develop relationships at managerial, business line and executive levels
- Excellent verbal and negotiation skills.
- Multi-stakeholder complex enterprise sales experience.
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Self-motivated team player with strong inter-personal skills.
- Consistent track record of overachievement
- 10+ years of experience in the industry with current experience preferably on the transport operations side (managing passenger revenue through to operational deployment)
- Experience of working in start-up environments is highly desirable.
- Comfortable self-starter with high level of autonomy but understands how to update and collaborate with internal stakeholders.
Perks & Benefits:
- Flexible Time Off Policy (Unlimited)
- £500 e-scooter or e-bike contribution for first/last mile
- Remote working option from any registered location in the UK
About the company:
Optibus is passionate about the future of mass transportation – we want more people to use it, and we believe it should take center stage as the world of mobility changes around us.
Our vision is to be the technology engine behind better and more efficient means of mass transit, making it the first choice for passengers and cities alike. Our technology is at the center of making this happen, with a unique combination of AI and optimization algorithms, since better scheduling and operations make for better mass transit service, for all.
We’re a well-funded startup whose platform is deployed in more than 500 cities worldwide, and we are quickly becoming the leader in the space – and our culture reflects this: we like fun and super smart people, and we’re pretty serious about making mass transportation radically better. We have offices across the US, UK, Brazil and Israel.
Optibus.com is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We hire talented individuals, regardless of gender, race, ethnicity, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, cultural background, religious beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.