People Manager, North America
About The Position
Optibus is constantly growing and scaling, and so is our HR team. We are looking for a passionate, strategic and driven People Manager (HR Manager) to join our amazing Global People Team. As People Manager you will lead our global people strategy in North America and support the team growth, by focusing on culture and shaping a great employee experience. You will partner with our great US leadership team and employees who are based in several States around the US. This is the first pure HR role in North America, and will be a vital function for our HR team with great potential for growth. The People Manager role will report directly to the VP People and will work closely with the GM North America.
Optibus has offices in North America, Israel, UK and Brazil. Our North America operation was opened 3 years ago, and we have offices in New York, Seattle and San Francisco with nearly 20 employees to-date, and is rapidly growing toward 40 by the end of this year. We are looking for an independent HR Leader to help us to manage and scale up our infrastructure, and drive a successful growth process across North America.
As a People Team, we strive to maximize our employees’ potential and growth needs, while supporting and driving the company’s business goals. We design and own the entire employee life cycle starting from attracting and hiring top talent, developing employees, coaching managers, motivating and ensuring our people shine in the company and have an outstanding company experience. We have built a strong infrastructure to support our hyper-growth and adjust to our unique and open culture. We promote a diverse company, and actively drive initiatives, ensure equality, diversity and a supportive environment.
- Own people function in North America and oversee all the HR activities and processes in North America.
- Lead the people strategy for North America, by working closely with Leadership to identify priorities for the business and support the company hyper-growth
- Work closely with the Talent Acquisition Team to hire the best people and shape successful teams.
- Establish best practices and methods in all HR related areas, including: training, communication, change management, WLB, people engagement, employee development, 1:1s etc.
- Design and adjust global HR programs to fit the region needs; implement and track to achieve success.
- Model the culture and values of Optibus, including initiatives of open door, equality and D&I, and thrive to generate an outstanding employee experience by all applicable means.
- Be the expert and the POC of North America for all HR related aspects, including employment law, compensation & benefits, benchmarks, employee relations etc.
- Compile, analyze and capture insights from data to support business decisions
- Always drive local employer branding - be active on social media, be in touch with potential talent and related ecosystem industry for mutual learning and collaboration.
- Effectively nurture healthy communication and work relations between local offices, Global geos and HQ.
- A bachelor degree in related areas, Master degree - preferred.
- 5+ years of experience in a similar role in the high tech industry..
- Minimum 3 years experience within a global company.
- Leader; Strategic thinker and a data-driven professional with an open, inclusive and a growth mindset.
- Passionate and motivated about people; Great at building relations and facilitates great work relations and atmosphere. Collaborator and a team-player.
- Hands-on, strives to excel, detail-oriented with a ‘can do’ attitude and high execution skills.
- Has experience in hiring, building teams, coaching employees and managers, building and leading L&D solutions and setting HR infrastructures in a growing company.
- Resilient; Strong multi-tasker and has the ability to work in a dynamic environment and a fast growing company.
- Independent, proactive and have good prioritization skills.
- Experience with M&A - an advantage
About the company:
Optibus is passionate about the future of mass transportation – we want more people to use it, and we believe it should take center stage as the world of mobility changes around us.
Our vision is to be the technology engine behind better and more efficient means of mass transit, making it the first choice for passengers and cities alike. Our technology is at the center of making this happen, with a unique combination of AI and optimization algorithms, since better scheduling and operations make for better mass transit service, for all. We’re a well-funded startup whose product is deployed at more than 450 cities worldwide, and we are quickly becoming a leader in the space – and our culture reflects this: we like fun and super smart people, and we’re pretty serious about making mass transportation radically better. We have offices open in the US, UK, Brazil and Israel.
Optibus.com is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We hire talented individuals, regardless of gender, race, ethnicity, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, cultural background, religious beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.