Make Mobility Better
Full Stack Team Lead
About The Position
Optibus is looking for a Full Stack Team Lead to join our R&D team in the challenge of moving the world smarter. We are looking for an experienced professional with a software engineering background, a strong understanding of web and cloud architecture, and superb interpersonal skills.
This position is for our Planning team, which is responsible for building a new class of public transportation planning and mapping tools - helping cities and operators plan and execute optimal routes to maximize the level of service and meet ridership demands. We are looking for a Full Stack Team Lead who will build and mentor our talented team while delivering scalable, high-quality products with a focus on business impact and a delightful user experience.
As a Team Lead at Optibus, you will work with the team to build the growth plan and facilitate its implementation. You will encourage collaboration and ensure that your team is inspired and understands the strategic direction. You will also partner with the team’s Product Manager to prioritize tasks. We trust you to make sure that your team will feel motivated, impactful, and know their purpose.
So if you understand the difference between managing people and leading them (and you identify with the latter), if you are passionate about technology and the product you create, if no task is too small or too big - you sound like our new Planning Team Lead!
- 2+ years of engineering management with experience leading productive, efficient teams
- 5+ years of hands-on experience building user-facing web applications
- 3+ years of production experience with backend development using one or more of the following: Node.js, Python, Java, Go, C#
- Experience with relational or NoSQL DB such as MongoDB, PostgreSQL, MySQL
- BSc degree in computer science, software engineering, or related domains. Alternatively, significant experience with production-grade products or army service in a technology unit
- Record of excellence in prior roles, academic studies and/or army service academic studies, and/or prior roles
It will be great if you have:
- Experience with testing frameworks and methodologies
- Familiarity with AWS or an alternative cloud environment
- Experience in the mobility/transportation industry
About the company:
Optibus is passionate about the future of mass transportation – we want more people to use it, and we believe it should take center stage as the world of mobility changes around us.
Our vision is to be the technology engine behind better and more efficient means of mass transit, making it the first choice for passengers and cities alike. Our technology is at the center of making this happen, with a unique combination of AI and optimization algorithms, since better scheduling and operations make for better mass transit service, for all. We’re a well-funded startup whose product is deployed at more than 450 cities worldwide, and we are quickly becoming a leader in the space – and our culture reflects this: we like fun and super-smart people, and we’re pretty serious about making mass transportation radically better. We have offices in the US, UK, Brazil and Israel.