Make Mobility Better
Solution Architect Team Lead
About The Position
Optibus is looking for a Solution Architect Team Lead to join our Customer Success group in the challenge of making the world move smarter. We are looking for an experienced professional with a software engineering background, strong analytical and technical problem-solving skills.
Solution Architects at Optibus are responsible for helping public transportation operators to achieve the best quality and cost-effective solution by utilising the power of Optibus’ optimization engine. You will be the first to identify areas of improvement for the Optibus Platform, becoming a key influencer of the product and underlying algorithms, and contributing to their development.
As a Team Lead at Optibus, you will work with the team to build the growth plan and facilitate its implementation, implement processes and technologies to meet the team’s goals, and serve as a professional guide to the team. You will encourage collaboration and ensure that your team is inspired and understands the strategic direction. We trust you to make sure that your team will feel motivated, impactful, and know their purpose.
So if you understand the difference between managing people and leading them (and you identify with the latter), if you are passionate about technology and solving complex logic and optimization problems, if no task is too small or too big - you sound like our new SA Team Lead!
- Implement complex projects, taking part in the design and implementation of customer solutions
- Design solution methodologies that are based on existing available algorithms
- Develop Python scripts that extend the system functionality
- Find creative solutions when a straightforward solution is not available
- Serve as an expert of optimization and logic challenges for the CS and Pre-sales teams, deepen their knowledge and develop internal tools to support them.
- Collaborate with the R&D and the Product teams to improve the core product functionalities
- 2+ years of engineering management (i.e software development, solution engineering)
- 5+ years of relevant professional experience including hands-on development using Python or similar programming languages.
- B.Sc. degree in Industrial Engineering, Computer Science or similar discipline
- Fluent English, additional languages are an advantage.
You’ll be a good fit for this role if you:
- Love logical challenges
- Have a passion for problem-solving
- Are creative and deeply analytical
- Have superb interpersonal skills
About the company:
Optibus is passionate about the future of mass transportation – we want more people to use it, and we believe it should take center stage as the world of mobility changes around us.
Our vision is to be the technology engine behind better and more efficient means of mass transit, making it the first choice for passengers and cities alike. Our technology is at the center of making this happen, with a unique combination of AI and optimization algorithms, since better scheduling and operations make for better mass transit service, for all. We’re a well-funded startup whose product is deployed at more than 450 cities worldwide, and we are quickly becoming a leader in the space – and our culture reflects this: we like fun and super-smart people, and we’re pretty serious about making mass transportation radically better. We have offices in the US, UK, Brazil and Israel.