Optibus is passionate about the future of mass transit – we want more people to use it, and we believe it should take center stage as the world of mobility changes around us.
Our vision is to be the technology engine behind better and more efficient means of mass transit, making it the first choice for passengers and cities alike.
Our technology is at the center of making this happen, with a unique combination of AI and optimization algorithms, since better scheduling and operations make for better mass transit service, for all. We’re a well-funded startup that’s quickly becoming a leader in the space – and our culture reflects this: we like fun and super smart people, and we’re pretty serious about making mass transit radically better.
About The Position
The Solution Architect is an engineer/developer with strong analytical and technical problem-solving skills. As a Solution Architect, you will work across teams and with a variety of projects to support both pre-sale and post-sale processes, aiming to deliver the best quality and cost-effective solutions for our clients. You will be the first to identify areas of improvement for the Optibus Platform, becoming a key influencer of the product and underlying algorithms, and contributing to their development.
The Solution Architect’s main responsibilities are:
- Support the Solution teams with the implementation of complex pre-sale/post-sale projects, taking part in the design and implementation of customer solutions.
- Design solution methodologies that are based on existing available algorithms
- When a straightforward solution is not available you will be required to think outside the box and find a creative solution
- Implement custom made configurations (write the relevant Python code)
- Provide technical and functional advice and guidance to the Solution teams, deepen their knowledge and develop internal tools to support them
- Collaborate with the R&D and the Product teams
You’ll be a good fit for this role if you:
- Love intellectual challenges
- Have a passion for problem solving
- Are creative and deeply analytical
- Have superb interpersonal skills
- 2+ years of relevant professional experience including hands-on development using Python or similar programming languages.
- B.Sc. degree in Industrial Engineering, Computer Science , Software Engineering, Information Systems or related fields.
- Fluent English, additional languages are an advantage.
It will be great if you have:
- Background in linear/integer optimization problems and optimization algorithms.
- Basic understanding of Data Science, Analytics and Machine Learning.