Optibus is passionate about the future of mass transit – we want more people to use it, and we believe it should take center stage as the world of mobility changes around us.
Our vision is to be the technology engine behind better and more efficient means of mass transit, making it the first choice for passengers and cities alike.
Our technology is at the center of making this happen, with a unique combination of AI and optimization algorithms, since better scheduling and operations make for better mass transit service, for all. We’re a well-funded startup that’s quickly becoming a leader in the space – and our culture reflects this: we like fun and super smart people, and we’re pretty serious about making mass transit radically better.
Software Engineer in Data Team
About The Position
Optibus is looking for an Software Engineer in Data Team to join our R&D team in the challenge of moving the world smarter. We are looking for an experienced professional with superb interpersonal skills, software engineering background and production experience building backend services at scale.
We at Optibus are building the platform that plans and manages the entire operation of mass passenger transportation in real time and already manage the transportation of millions across the world. We are looking for highly capable people that are motivated to make a change in the public transportation domain.
As a Software Engineer in Data Team you will be responsible for implementing all data integrations in our innovative product. You will work closely with the various departments in the company including product, sales, solutions and other teams in the R&D. You will have a main role in onboarding all clients and therefore will have regular communication with customers.
- 2+ years experience of hands-on backend development using Python. Alternatively 3+ years experience using one or more of Java, Go, C#
- BS degree in Computer Science , Software Engineering, or related domains
- Proficiency in English. Additional languages are an advantage
- Excellency record in army service / academic studies / prior roles
- A great team player and able to function in a fluid environment with minimal guidance and supervision
It will be great if you have:
- Experience with communicating with clients
- Experienced in Agile methodologies and CI/CD processes
- Experience in the mobility domain