Product Marketing Manager
About The Position
Optibus is passionate about the future of mass transit – we want more people to use it, and we believe it should take center stage as the world of mobility changes around us.
Our vision is to be the technology engine behind better and more efficient means of mass transit, making it the first choice for passengers and cities alike.
Our technology is at the center of making this happen, with a unique combination of AI and optimization algorithms, since better scheduling and operations make for better mass transit service, for all. We’re a well-funded startup that’s quickly becoming a leader in the space – and our culture reflects this: we like fun and super smart people, and we’re pretty serious about making mass transit radically better.
The product marketing manager will communicate the product’s value to the market, helping sales and customer success, create marketing materials that communicate product features, and develop the marketing tools and content to attract new prospects and customers.
The product marketing manager will be responsible for learning the product’s strategy, getting to know its customer and user personas, and developing the tools and campaigns that the company will use to introduce and sell this product to the market, working to complement the product management functions at Optibus.
The role reports to the VP Marketing, and involves working in a fast-paced team, contributing to the company’s positioning, messaging, go-to-market, sales enablement and competitive intel. Attention to detail, an eye for quality, and the ability to translate technical capabilities into customer benefits is crucial.
- Build and iterate product messaging and positioning as new features are launched
- Manage the strategy for sales enablement, including events, briefings, thought leadership, customer stories, and marketing campaigns
- Own post-sales marketing activities, in partnership with the Customer Success team
- Evaluate the industry landscape and educate teams about related trends
- Measure the impact of your work and use the data to refine priorities
- Develop product positioning and messaging that is clear, defensible and differentiates the product in the market
- Plan the launch of new products and releases and manage the cross-functional implementation of the plan
- Create the outbound marketing strategy and materials to support product launches, educate customers and drive adoption
- Minimum 3-5 years of product marketing (preferably SaaS)
- Academic degree preferably in STEM
- Track record of executing successful go-to-market strategies
- Great skills in storytelling, writing, collaboration, presentation, training, design, analysis
- Proven ability to create collateral and messaging that stands out in the market
- Outstanding communication skills, both verbal and written
- Self-starter that can continually raises the bar of quality, while delivering on time
- Project management and collaboration skills in high-paced, cross-functional environment
- Team player