Dev Team Lead - Ride
About The Position
We are looking for a Data Platform Team Lead to join the Optibus team. In this role, you will lead a team of data scientists and software engineers and act as a key member in the development of a new data driven product, all while using world-class algorithms and machine learning. We are looking for an experienced professional with superb interpersonal skills, an algorithmic background and experience building big data platforms at scale, as well as deploying them into production.
You will interact primarily with our Product and R&D teams to oversee the implementation of your data products and report directly to Optibus’ VP R&D. Additionally, you will be responsible for recruiting and building the data platform team from the ground up, while providing mentorship and technical leadership.
- 7+ years experience of hands-on software engineering.
- 2+ years experience as a team lead
- BS degree in Computer Science , Software Engineering, or related domains. MS degree is an advantage
- Phenomenal mentor and people leader with strong problem solving skills with an emphasis on product development
- Experience in building cloud based production grade big data pipelines and working with big data technologies such as Hadoop, Hive & Spark or similar.
- Knowledge of graph data structures and optimization algorithms.
- Experience in manipulating big data and drawing insights from large data sets.
- Knowledge of a variety of machine learning techniques (clustering, decision tree learning, artificial neural networks, etc.), their real-world advantages/drawbacks and machine learning software.
- Knowledge of advanced statistical techniques and concepts (regression, properties of distributions, statistical tests and proper usage, etc.) and experience with applications.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills for coordinating across teams.
It will be great if you have:
- Deep learning such as Caffe, Keras, TensorFlow, OpenNN
- Experience with GIS software/analysis tools as well al routing algorithms